After the Pre-approval
Some of the steps below may happen simultaneously depending on your particular situation. However, even though each home-buying process is unique, they all tend to follow the steps laid out in this list. Check our To-Do List for even more detailed information about the process.
- Get pre-approved.
- Make an offer and negotiate a contract.
- Send ratified contract to lender.
- Receive and review loan estimate.
- Lock in interest rate.
- Send required documents to lender to process and finalize the loan.
- Lender orders appraisal.
- Order/schedule any inspections per your contract (i.e., home inspection, radon inspection, termite inspection, etc).
- Conduct walk-thru before closing.
- Gather funds for closing (i.e., down payment and closing costs).
- Receive Closing Disclosure from lender.
- Prepare a certified check or provide your account information to the settlement company to arrange payment for the amount shown on your final Closing Disclosure.
- Proceed to closing.